Hemp and chocolate go so perfectly together that you’re in for a treat if you’ve never tried this wonderful combination.
The earthy flavor of hemp seed oils and extracts combines with the warm, sweet flavor of chocolate, especially dark chocolate, into a delicious flavor all its own. Add in the numerous benefits of both hemp (including CBD and other cannabinoids) plus chocolate and you can see why this is such a winning combination.
In order to celebrate the official release of Hemp Mellow chocolates, we thought we’d take a closer look at what makes these two plant-based foods so great together. In this short article, we’ll look at some of the benefits of both hemp and chocolate, so you can see how much they have in common. Of course, there’s not a lot of research yet into the potential benefits of the combination of the two, so we’ll have to look at each one separately. Even so, you’ll see a lot of parallels between these two natural stress relievers.
What kinds of hemp chocolate products can I buy?
Unlike a product like hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds) or CBD oil, there aren’t as many options when it comes to hemp chocolate, compared with other types of product in this space. For the most part, you’ll find two different kinds of hemp chocolate available, overall:
- Chocolate with hemp seeds or hemp seed oil -- Some products combine chocolate with hemp seeds or hemp hearts, or mix hemp seed oil into the chocolate itself. This gives you all the flavor and nutritional benefits of hemp mixed with the deliciousness of chocolate. However, it’s important not to confuse these products with the second category.
- Chocolate infused with hemp extract -- These products take hemp extract, the main ingredient found in CBD oil or other edibles like gummies, and infuse it into chocolate. Hemp extract interacts directly with the human endocannabinoid system to help provide balance to our bodies, which can help us sleep better, reduce symptoms of everyday stress and more, as we’ll see below. While both kinds of hemp chocolate may be nutritious, only this kind gives you all the benefits of cannabinoids like CBD.
Hemp Mellow chocolates represent the second form of hemp chocolate product. We infuse each chocolate with the same proprietary full-spectrum blend of hemp extract found in our popular Hemp Mellow capsules.
Some benefits of chocolate
There’s something supremely satisfying when you’ve been craving chocolate and finally get some. Did you know that those good feelings could be more than just gratifying a craving? Scientists believe chocolate has some actual health benefits.
Here are some of the benefits of eating chocolate:
- Dark chocolate is high in fiber, magnesium, iron, copper and manganese
- Chocolate is loaded with antioxidants. One study compared raw chocolate with other foods purported to be superfoods, like blueberries and acai berries, and found cacao scored higher in several key antioxidants.
- Multiple studies suggest chocolate could improve brain function, possibly by stimulating more blood flow to the organ
- Like hemp, chocolate contains compounds that target the endocannabinoid system, which we explain more about in the next section.
Like any sweet treat, it’s a good idea to enjoy chocolate in moderation. However, we think you should feel free to indulge in a little something delicious after a hard day, especially when it comes combined with all the benefits of CBD and hemp as we’ll see below.
Possible benefits of hemp extract
In modern times, scientists haven’t been able to spend as much time studying and proving the benefits of hemp extract, but they’re making up for lost time since the legalization of hemp.
You’ve probably heard of CBD by now, the supplement made from hemp that is popping up all over the place. When we talk about “full spectrum hemp extract,” we mean a carefully made extraction of the hemp plant which preserves all the natural “cannabinoid” compounds found inside. This includes CBD, but also THC (legally no more than 0.3% in hemp extract) and dozens or even hundreds of other trace compounds which can work together.
These natural hemp-based compounds interact with the human endocannabinoid system, a series of receptors found throughout our brains and bodies. This system seems to help our body’s other systems find balance, which can hint at some of what scientists now believe about CBD and similar cannabinoids. They seem to promote relaxation, healthier sleep, and relief of everyday stress among many other possible benefits that research is just beginning to uncover.
Give hemp chocolate a try with Hemp Mellow
You might be convinced now that hemp chocolate can be a tasty, relaxing experience. There’s nothing quite like tasting it for yourself.
That’s why we hope you’ll try Hemp Mellow chocolates! Our chocolates come in two strengths, Lite and Max. Hemp Mellow Lite chocolates contain 40mg of full spectrum cannabinoids, while our Max chocolates contain twice as much at 80mg (a powerful dose). This includes CBD, other cannabinoids like CBG and CBN, and even the legal limits of THC. They’re both made with the same top quality Belgian dark chocolate.
They’re also made with Naturia Plus™, our patent-pending technology that helps your body absorb cannabinoid extracts more quickly and efficiently than other edible hemp products. That means you won’t have to wait as long to start feeling relaxed, and the Mellow feelings last longer.
After you give them a try, we think you’ll agree: where hemp meets chocolate, you’ll find happiness.